HARDI Hosts Annual Congressional Fly-in and Plans Emerging Leaders Conference
The past month was an active one for HARDI on the Advocacy front. A few weeks ago, they brought about 100 members and staff to Washington, D.C. for the annual Congressional Fly-in. HARDI members conducted roughly 200 meetings with congressional offices and federal agency officials.
Over the course of the event, HARDI showcased an impressive lineup of speakers, including Senator Todd Young (R-IN) and Rep. Peter Roskam (R-IL), who led the Ways and Means Tax Policy Subcommittee during passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Additionally, Representatives Lou Barletta (R-PA), Jason Smith (R-MO), and Warren Davidson (R-OH) addressed HARDI members, focusing on policies that impact the HVACR industry.
HARDI members focused on several key issues at the Fly-In, including:
- The American Innovation and Manufacturing Act/Kigali Amendment.
- Addressing Online Sales Tax Avoidance.
- Growing the Workforce and Promoting Careers in Trades.
- Estate Tax Repeal.
- Tax Cut Permanence.
- Tariffs and Trade.
You can download the issues brief one-pager that was distributed on Capitol Hill at: http://hardinet.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2018-Congressional-Fly-in-Issues_v5-1.pdf.
Emerging Leaders Conference
HARDI’s Emerging Leader Summer Conference, July 22-24 in Columbus, Ohio, will help up-and-coming industry leaders learn to develop long-term strategic plans to be utilized in his/her own journey to the top.
The conference line-up includes renowned industry executives as well as additional experts that will share experiences and insights that will help attendees plan for their futures.
Who is an Emerging Leader? An Emerging Leader is any employee of a distributor or supplier member who has been recognized as having the talent and potential to someday advance to the executive level of the organization.
Featured speaker Brian Kight is a multi-industry leader on the topics of leadership, culture, and behavior and will talk about “The R Factor.”
Mentors at the conference include industry leaders:
- Brian Peirce, CEO, Peirce-Phelps, Inc.
- Rhonda Wight, President, Refrigeration Sales Corp.
- Andrew Barton, CEO, CFM Equipment Distributors
- Bud Mingledorff, Chairman of the Board, Mingledorff’s Inc.
- Tom Roberts, Chairman of the Board, cfm Distributors, Inc.
- Kevin Julian, Vice President, HVAC, Morsco
- Layne Miller, CEO, Geary Pacific Supply
- Jim Beecher, CFO, G.W. Berkheimer Co., Inc.
Conference activities include:
- Mentor-led Roundtables
- Clue: The Scavenger Hunt
- Roundtables & Networking Lunch
- Worthington Industries Tour
- Pins Mechanical
For more information and conference details visit http://hardinet.org/talent/online-learning/emerging-leaders/el-conference/.