2021 PBACCA High-E-Fishin-Sea Tournament Report
There was a sunny sky, calm sea, and simply… just another day in paradise for the High-E-Fishin-Sea XXIV event. The Palm Beach Air Conditioning Contractors Association’s (PBACCA) 29th annual Kingfish, Wahoo and Dolphin Tournament was held at the Riviera Beach Marina on June 9th, 2021. Special thanks to the Riviera Beach Marina for hosting and Rafiki Tiki for catering a successful event.
The Tournament was a great deal of fun for those who attended! Eighteen boats participated, with 90 fishermen competing for bragging rights and prize money. More than $5,000.00 was raised for the Maury Jacobson scholarship fund, exceeding our expectations. We are delighted and these earnings will go directly for scholarships to be awarded this year.
Special thank yous to our first place winner, Brandon Langel of Sea Coast Curbs & Adapters, for donating his prize money of $1000 to the Maury Jacobson scholarship fund, and Leann Ewing of Ewing Air Conditioning for returning her $500 Trifecta prize, to be used for making the Trifecta worth $1000 next year. Their generosity is very much appreciated!
PBACCA President Jim Pickard, Past President Steve Sparks and FACAA Director Rhonda Beeler served as weighmasters for the tournament this year.
Special Thanks to Jeff Schlichenmeyer of Today’s A/C News and Peter Montana of HVAC Insider for the great photos.
The Winners of the 29th High-E-Fishin-Sea Tournament were:
- First Prize of $1000 was awarded to Brandon Langel of Sea Coast Curbs & Adapters with his catch of a 29lb Kingfish.
- Second Prize of $750 was awarded to James Finn of Ewing Air boat #8 with his catch of a 15.8lb Kingfish.
- Third Prize of $500 was awarded to Bryant Rodrigues of Ewing Air boat #7 with his catch of a 11.2lb. Kingfish.
- JR. Angler was awarded to Cade Pavlakos of Maloy’s AC with his catch of 7.4lb Kingfish.
- Lady Angler, sponsored by Daikin North America, was awarded to Mandy Pavlakos with a catch of 5.1lb Dolphin.
- The Calcutta Prize of $800 went to Brandon Langel of Sea Coast Curbs & Adapters with his catch of 29lb Kingfish.
- The $500 Trifecta prize sponsored by Daikin North America was won by Leann Ewing of Ewing Air Conditioning.
- The Captain James Turner Ewing prize sponsored by Ewing Air was won by Jeff Brooks of My A/C Guy, Inc.
- The raffle grand prize 65” flat screen smart TV was won by Leann Ewing of Ewing Air.
Thank you to the many vendors, PBACCA members and volunteers that donated numerous prizes for the raffle and countless hours helping organize the event. We couldn’t have done it without you.
High-E-Fishin-Sea XXIX is already in the planning stages, with hopes to expand upon this year’s success and fun. Anyone interested in serving on the HEFS Committee please call Pam Ripple at 561-585-3880.
Editor’s note: Rob Mayhew, HVAC Sales Consultant for Tropic Supply, was presented with his 2020 PBACCA Member of the Year SEER Award during the High-E-Fishin-Sea-XXIX tournament. The SEER Award stands for Service, Enthusiasm, Effort and Reliability. See story in the June 2021 edition of the Florida HVAC Insider.
Visit flhvacinsider.smugmug.com Event Archives to view and download more images. See photos from the event here.