CASE STUDY: Venstar ColorTouch Thermostats Integrate Seamlessly with Control4 Smart Home Automation Systems
Venstar® just announced that its ColorTouch® connected Wi-Fi® thermostats and Skyport® Cloud Services are compatible with the Control4 smart home operating system. ColorTouch is about half the cost of other Control4-compatible thermostats, and its free downloadable Control4 driver saves an average of $300 per thermostat.
“Venstar’s ColorTouch thermostat integrates perfectly with the Control4 app so users can remotely or automatically control their indoor comfort,” said David Keith, general manager of Southern Calif.-based Chaffin Air Conditioning, an authorized Control4 distributor and authorized Venstar dealer.
Control4 systems give homeowners remote control of nearly every device and system in their homes, including security, lighting, electronics, pools/spas and heating and air conditioning systems, including Venstar ColorTouch thermostats.
Challenge: Find Affordable, Fully Featured Control4-Compatible Wi-Fi Thermostat
Keith was challenged to find a Control4-compatible Wi-Fi thermostat that would meet his customers’ needs. He specified features including:
- An intuitive and well-designed user interface
- A free downloadable Control4 driver to eliminate the cost of an add-on driver
- Reliability with a long life
- Ability to control every type of HVAC equipment
- Robust programmability with up to four periods per day
Solution: Venstar ColorTouch Thermostats
Keith chose Venstar’s ColorTouch connected Wi-Fi thermostat (Model T7900). Compatible with virtually every type of heating and air conditioning equipment, the fully featured ColorTouch residential thermostat model has a free downloadable Control4 driver to ensure complete compatibility.
Using Venstar’s Skyport Cloud Services, users can remotely control their ColorTouch thermostats, including:
- Control all types of heating, air conditioning, humidification and dehumidification equipment with a single thermostat.
- Customize the touch screen by uploading users’ personal photos or choosing from built-in themes to use as the thermostat background.
- Choose between fully featured or simple stat views with instant access to temperature information, heating/cooling status and humidity control.
- Remotely set thermostats to pre-programmed “Home” (occupied) and “Away” (unoccupied) temperature settings to help control energy usage while maintaining indoor comfort.
Results: Remotely Control Thermostat With Control4 App, Reduce Energy Costs
Using ColorTouch with Control4, homeowners have complete control of their indoor comfort. Even if homeowners forget to push the “Home” or “Away” buttons, the Control4 system automatically does it for them when they activate or deactivate their security systems. The thermostat can also be programmed to turn on the nighttime setting when the TV remote is turned off or to utilize the “fan only” setting in the home theater to minimize noise.
ColorTouch is about half the cost of other Control4-compatible thermostats, and its free downloadable Control4 driver saves an average of $300 per thermostat.
Benefits of the Venstar ColorTouch with Control4 include:
- Enjoy unbeatable reliability and long life
- Reduce energy costs up to 30 percent
- Work with free downloadable Control4 driver for perfect integration
- Remotely control temperatures and humidity
About Venstar Inc.
Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) manufacturer, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Founded in 1992, Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar’s Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 20–35 percent of their energy costs, which translates to tens of millions of dollars in savings each year and dramatic reductions in CO2 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of 30,000+ retail locations across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
For more information, visit Venstar: www.venstar.com, email: [email protected] or telephone: 818-341-8760.