Encycle Corporation, a technology company focused on helping commercial and industrial customers dramatically improve the efficiency of their HVAC systems using IoT-enabled services, today announced that its Swarm Logic® software is now available on Tridium’s Niagara Framework®, including N4 and AX. As a large number of building control OEMs offer Niagara-based solutions, this integration provides commercial and industrial customers with greater access to Encycle’s cloud-based solution to reduce their HVAC energy consumption and spend.
“We are pleased to partner with Tridium on this exciting software integration to deliver our patented, cloud-based approach to HVAC energy management,” said Robert Chiste, Encycle Chairman and CEO. “At Encycle, we are continually taking steps forward to make our software available to all customers, regardless of the building controls or system integrator they’ve selected,” explained Chiste. “Together with Tridium, we now enable a significant portion of the market to easily access Encycle’s Swarm Logic software through a simple integration with their existing building controls.”
The development is also a win for building control OEM and system integration partners, who can now provide their customers with a new source of energy savings and valuable insights into the performance of their mechanical equipment. “This is an attractive proposition for end users who reap significant energy savings with every Swarm Logic deployment,” Chiste commented.
Using patented algorithms with advanced analytical capabilities, Encycle’s energy efficiency technology is unlike any other HVAC efficiency solution on the market today. Connected via the cloud to existing building controls, communicating thermostats, or IoT platforms, Swarm Logic dynamically synchronizes HVAC rooftop units (RTUs), enabling them to operate as an intelligent networked system. This coordinated and closed-loop approach allows each RTU to adapt its operation in real-time to changing cooling requirements.
Swarm Logic software benefits include:
- Reduction in electric consumption – Whether managing one building or a group of buildings in different locations, Swarm Logic delivers typical reductions in HVAC-related electric usage of 10%-20%.
- Peak demand management – Swarm Logic automatically balances multiple cooling loads, leading to reductions in HVAC-related electric peak demand of 10%-20%.
- CO2 emissions reduction – By helping customers reduce their energy consumption, Swarm Logic lowers CO2 and related greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, which can decrease the amount of renewable energy capacity customers need to install and/or procure to meet their sustainability goals. Typical Encycle customers achieve a 10%-20% reduction in HVAC-related GHG emissions.
- Advanced analytics and reporting – Swarm Logic has a robust set of analytics and reporting tools, giving transparent feedback with visibility and actionable insights into HVAC equipment performance. Real-time reporting capabilities help establish benchmarks and validate energy savings.
- Quick and easy deployment – Connectivity with Niagara N4 or AX Frameworks is all that’s required. There’s no need for an extensive site study, no disruption to business, and virtually no risk.
For additional information regarding the Encycle / Niagara technology solution or to learn more about Encycle’s Swarm Logic energy management solution, please call Encycle at 1-855-875-4031.
Encycle is a technology-driven company that is transforming energy management for multi-site commercial and industrial companies. The company leverages its patented cloud-based technology to lower its clients’ electric costs, maximize energy efficiency, and reduce environmental impact. Companies using Swarm Logic® routinely reduce HVAC electric costs and consumption by 10%-20% with little or no capital investment. For more information about Encycle, visit www.encycle.com.