Venstar® recently announced that its Explorer® Mini programmable Wi-Fi® thermostat was named “Energy Efficient Product of the Year” by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). Explorer Mini also received a TechHome® 2019 Mark of Excellence Award from the CTA. Winners were announced at CES 2019 in Las Vegas.
“We are very proud that Venstar’s Explorer Mini has been named CTA’s ‘Energy Efficient Product of the Year’ and received the TechHome 2019 Mark of Excellence Award,” said Steve Dushane, president and CEO of Venstar Inc. “Explorer Mini packs big thermostat features into a small footprint and is the most affordable Wi-Fi thermostat on the market.”
Just 3.2 inches wide by 3.2 inches high and less than an inch deep, Explorer Mini residential and commercial programmable Wi-Fi thermostats help save energy and improve indoor comfort while taking up less wall space.
Venstar’s Explorer Mini features include:
- Built-in Wi-Fi, enabling remote access to monitor and control;
- Seven-day programmability and multi-stage control;
- Small, compact size with simple installation
- Large, easy-to-read display with bi-color LED Heat/Cool indicator;
- Compatibility with Google Assistant™ and Amazon® Alexa;
- Remote control with Skyport® Cloud Services, including Global changes;
- Compatibility with Venstar’s free Skyport Mobile App;
- Compatibility with Venstar’s Wireless Temperature Sensor (Model ACC-TSENWIFI) to remotely measure air temperatures such as indoor, outdoor, return air or supply air;
- Dry contact compatible;
- Local Application Programming Interface (API) for third-party monitor and control
- Title 24 compliance and Open ADR 2.0b certified;
- Keypad lock to avoid tampering, ensuring control of energy usage; and
- An optional locking cover (ACC-0630) for commercial installations.
With Venstar’s free Skyport Mobile App, users can access and control Explorer Mini thermostats with their Apple® iOS and Android™ mobile devices. Using the Skyport Cloud website, users have access to more advanced programming options, including global changes to temperature, mode, time period schedules, holidays and vacations.
For additional integrations, Venstar’s API enables developers and installers to integrate the thermostats with other third-party systems, including most home automation systems.
The most affordable Wi-Fi thermostat on the market, Explorer Mini thermostats are available for residential (Model T2000) and commercial (Model T2050) use and are compatible with virtually every type of heating and cooling system.
Venstar’s Explorer Mini is available throughout North America from Venstar’s exclusive network of Wholesale HVAC Distributors.
About Venstar Inc.
Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) manufacturer, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Founded in 1992, Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar’s Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 20–35 percent of their energy costs, which translates to tens of millions of dollars in savings each year and dramatic reductions in CO2 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of 30,000+ retail locations across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.