YORK Redefines Efficient Comfort Control with the Introduction of Two New Ultra-high Efficiency Commercial Rooftop Units
The YORK® brand of Johnson Controls has released two new options to deliver maximum energy efficiency and comfort control to commercial spaces. The 6.5 – 12.5 ton Predator™ series and 15 – 23 ton Large Sunline™ series ultra-high efficiency products achieve improved efficiency with intelligent control and operational flexibility.
“Building professionals are continuously faced with rising energy costs and evolving sustainability standards,” said Eric Newberg, director of commercial product management, Johnson Controls. “These ultra-high efficiency units allow our customers to achieve significant reductions in energy consumption without sacrificing ease of installation or serviceability.”
With efficiencies reaching as high as 21 IEER, these products comply with requirements set by the United States Department of Energy (DoE), ASHRAE 90.1-2013, 2015 International Energy Conservation Code and the Consortium for Energy Efficiency’s Advanced Tier*. These impressive efficiencies are achieved through the optimization of advanced technologies, including:
- Two independent refrigerant circuits to provide system redundancy and optimal reliability.
- 2 UltraTech™ compressors allow for three stages of cooling on 6.5 – 17.5 ton models; 1 UltraTech™ compressor and 1 set of tandem scroll compressors provide four stages of cooling on 20 and 23 ton models to meet the most stringent building code requirements.
- IntelliSpeed™ discrete fan control (DFC) to provide variation of the fan speed based on number of cooling stages engaged.
- ECM condenser fan motor that is significantly more efficient than traditional AC motors.
Each ultra-high efficiency unit is built exclusively to order and offers a host of options and accessories to match a building’s needs and simplify specification. In addition to common options, advanced features include:
- Optional MagnaDRY™ reheat system allows a portion of the refrigerant’s rejected heat to be reused, increasing efficiency and reducing moisture levels without overcooling.
- Optional Variable Air Volume (VAV) uses a variable frequency drive and pressure transducer to maintain constant static pressure in the supply duct. VAV units have three stages of cooling operation and the 20 and 23 ton VAV units have four stages of cooling.
Ultra-high efficiency rooftop units match existing product footprints within the same family for increased flexibility, faster specification and easier replacement. Serviceability and operation are further optimized with Smart Equipment™ controls that display alarm messages and identify faults. Smart Equipment™ controls also provide seamless integration with Johnson Controls building automation interfaces including zone controllers and systems such as the Verasys® control system. Additionally, an optional Mobile Access Portal (MAP) allows users to view and edit equipment controller parameters, setpoints, schedules and alarms remotely.
All York commercial rooftop units are designed, engineered and assembled in the United States and are supported with industry-leading warranties: standard 1-year parts warranty and either a 6-month or 1-year promotional labor warranty, which is standard for authorized contractors. For more information visit YORK.com.
* YORK® Large Sunline™ series 23 ton model does not meet CEE Advanced Tier requirements.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions is making the world safer, smarter and more sustainable – one building at a time. Our technology portfolio integrates every aspect of a building – whether security systems, energy management, fire protection or HVACR – to ensure that we exceed customer expectations at all times. We operate in more than 150 countries through our unmatched network of branches and distribution channels, helping building owners, operators, engineers and contractors enhance the full lifecycle of any facility. Our arsenal of brands includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, PENN®, Sabroe®, Simplex® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @JCI_Buildings on Twitter.