PBACCA 2019 High-E-Fishin-Sea XXVIII Tournament Survives Inclement Weather
There were rainy skies and rough seas, but it still was simply, just another day in paradise for the High-E-Fishin-Sea XXVIII event. The Palm Beach Air Conditioning Contractors Association’s (PBACCA) 28th annual Kingfish, Wahoo, Dolphin Tournament was held at the Rivera Beach Marina on June 29th, 2019.
Special thanks to the Riviera Beach Marina for hosting and Rafiki Tiki for catering the successful event. The Tournament was a great deal of fun for those who attended!
Twenty-one boats participated, with over 100 fishermen. More than $2,000.00 was raised for the Maurice J. Jacobson Scholarship Fund, exceeding our expectations. We are delighted and these earnings will go directly for scholarships to be awarded this year.
A special thank you to our first-place winner, Brandon Haynes of Sea Coast Curbs and Curb Adapters, LLC, for donating the $1000 prize to the Maury Jacobson scholarship fund. It is very much appreciated!
PBACCA Past President Steve Sparks and Director Jim Pickard, Secretary/Treasurer Jim Carr and Vice President Steve Sanders served as weigh masters for the tournament this year.
Special Thanks to Jeff Schlichenmeyer of Today’s- A/C News and Peter Montana of the Florida HVAC Insider for the great photos.
The Winners of the 28th High-E-Fishin-Sea Tournament:
- First Prize of $1000 was awarded to Brandon Haynes of Sea Coast Curbs and Curb Adapters, LLC with his catch of a 32.4lb kingfish.
- Second Prize of $750 was awarded to Brain Forand of Steven K Denny with his catch of a 21.2lb kingfish.
- Third Prize of $500 was awarded to Doug Konz of Smyth Air Conditioning with his catch of a 19.9lb. kingfish.
- JR. Angler was awarded to David Ewing of Ewing and Ewing AC with his catch of 16.7lb kingfish.
- Lady Angler sponsored by RCD Corporation was awarded to Leann Ewing of Ewing and Ewing AC with a catch of 19.7lb kingfish.
- The Calcutta Prize of $1140 went to Brian Sorand of steven k denny with his catch of a 21.2lb kingfish.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Gold Level – Johnstone Supply The Ware Group, JR Ewing and Al Packer Ford, Sea Coast Curbs and Curb Adapters, Tropic Supply and UniFirst.
- Silver Level – CE and Honeywell Resideo Home; and our many Bronze Level prize level donators.
High-E-Fishin-Sea XXIX is already in the planning stages, with hopes to expand upon this year’s success and fun. Anyone interested in serving on the HEFS Committee please call Pam Ripple at 561-585-3880.