As part of 2020 celebrations of the World Refrigeration Day; the WRD Secretariat, ASHRAE, European Partnership for Energy and Environment (EPEE), International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR), UNEP OzonAction, and in cooperation with Global Food Cold Chain Council (GFCCC); are campaigning to address the importance of Cold Chain sector and its vital role to food safety and sectary as well as public health of human being. The joint Campaign is titled: “COLD CHAIN 4 LIFE”
One of the key functions under this campaign is an International Webinar aiming at bringing the attention of public, policy-makers and end-users about technology, food waste/loss, health, environment and energy considerations associated with the Cold Chain sectors and advocating for best practices in relation to technology selection decision making, minimizing food waste/loss in the supply chain process, stimulate wise selection of technology, minimize leakage of refrigerants and maximizing energy efficiency.
The Webinar intends to convey key message to three main audience as follows:
- Understand how Cold Chain contribute to food security
- Understand Cold Chain importance to health sector
- Promote individuals’ best practices of to minimize food waste
- Diversity of Cold Chain and contribution to different economic sectors
- Cold Chain and SDGs in terms of Food Security, Climate Action, Food loss/Waste, Health, Employment and others
- Industry Professionals
- Importance of wise technology selection to reduce energy bill and avoid shift due to refrigerant phase-out/phase-down
- Best practice to minimize food loss and sustain effective operation
- Improving nutrition and public health through efficient Cold Chain systems
The Webinar is scheduled to start on June 26 at 3:00 CET (Paris time). Schedule and registration here.
To learn more about World Refrigeration Day visit https://worldrefrigerationday.org