2. Does this data represent shipments to the United States only or are shipments outside of the United States included?
This data represents shipments to customers in the United States only.
3. Do you provide U.S. data by state?
That data is not available publicly.
4. Is historical data available in Excel?
It is available monthly reflecting exactly the data presented in the monthly public release, and is linked above.
5. Is data available in a different format?
The only format available is provided on the website.
6. Does the December YTD data equal full calendar year?
Yes, it does.
7. Can I purchase additional industry data from AHRI?
No, AHRI Statistics data are not for sale.
8. Does AHRI provide information for academic research purposes?
AHRI is not authorized by our members to provide information other than what is listed on our website.
9. How much of the industry does the data represent?
Although we cannot get into specifics about how much of the industry the data represents, in general, AHRI is one of the largest trade associations in the nation, representing more than 300 heating, water heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and commercial refrigeration manufacturers within the global HVACR industry. AHRI’s 300+ member companies account for more than 90 percent of the residential and commercial air conditioning, space heating, water heating, and commercial refrigeration equipment manufactured and sold in North America.
10. Is it accurate to use the number for year-to-date U.S. shipments as a measure of sales?
AHRI reports track shipments, which are defined as when a unit transfers ownership. While some people use the terms shipments and sales interchangeably, they may not be the same.
11. Where can I find the definitions for the products included in this report?
Download product definitions for monthly shipment reports here
The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) is the trade association representing manufacturers of air conditioning, heating, and commercial refrigeration, and water heating equipment. An internationally recognized advocate for the industry, AHRI develops standards for and certifies the performance of many of these products. AHRI’s 300+ member companies manufacture quality, efficient, and innovative residential and commercial air conditioning, space heating, water heating, and commercial refrigeration equipment and components for sale in North America and around the world.