ASHRAE Virtual Conference Technical Program Now Available
The technical program is now available for the 2020 ASHRAE Virtual Conference, with sessions starting June 22 and continuing through July 2.
The technical program includes 8 tracks, with 300 speakers and offers an in-depth learning experience providing solutions, technology demonstrations and industry insights.
“ASHRAE is excited to re-imagine our annual conference and has proactively created as a dynamic, interactive and virtual conference experience, with an affordable registration fee, that make it accessible to more industry professionals,” 2019-20 ASHRAE President Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng.
The virtual conference will include 97 technical sessions, updates from Society leaders, and virtual networking events. Live sessions addressing the latest information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic will take place daily starting June 29.
“Our robust technical program explores how building and energy systems interact, while examining how buildings are becoming integrated, flexible and resilient systems to respond to climate change challenges,” said Bing Liu, conference chair.
Conference tracks are:
- Fundamentals and Applications
- HVAC&R Systems and Equipment
- Research Summit
- Professional Development
- Grid-Interactive Efficient Built Environment
- Multifamily and Residential Buildings
- Zero Energy Buildings and Communities
- Resilient Buildings and Communities
Featured live sessions include:
- COVID-19: Opportunities for Sustainable Development
- Impact of COVID-19 on Buildings
- SARS, MERS, Ebola, COVID-19: How to Prepare for the Next Epidemic
- The Benefits of Off-Site Construction
- Technical Consultants Aren’t ‘Designers of Record’ so No E&O Insurance is Needed
- It’s Not a Hot Potato! Engineering Cannot Delegate Design as They See Fit
- Crafting an O&M Plan for a Net Zero/Passive House: An Interactive Workshop
- Grid-Interactive Efficient Buildings: Introduction and Demonstration Projects
- Off-Site Construction for Resilient Buildings: Getting Details Right
- ASHRAE’s Latest Guides for Zero Energy Design
The cost to attend the virtual conference is $99 for ASHRAE members ($329 for non-members, which includes an annual ASHRAE membership) and offers:
- Twelve live technical sessions with live Q&A with presenters
- An on-demand technical program of more than 90 sessions
- Scheduled live video chat sessions with speakers from on-demand sessions
- Downloadable copies of all conference papers
- ASHRAE Leadership Moments each day from Society leaders
- Virtual networking happy hours
ASHRAE’s technical program will be accepted for many jurisdictions’ continuing education requirements and most sessions are approved for LEED AP credits and AIA learning units.
Professional development hours can be earned for all on-demand sessions and 12 live sessions upon successfully completing a short quiz. Registration includes access to all the technical content on-demand for 18 months. Company packages are also available.
To learn more about the 2020 ASHRAE Virtual Conference and to register, visit ashrae.org/2020virtual.
Founded in 1894, ASHRAE is a global professional society committed to serve humanity by advancing the arts and sciences of heating ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and their allied fields.
As an industry leader in research, standards writing, publishing, certification and continuing education, ASHRAE and its members are dedicated to promoting a healthy and sustainable built environment for all, through strategic partnerships with organizations in the HVAC&R community and across related industries.
ASHRAE is celebrating 125 years of shaping the built environment. Become a member of ASHRAE by visiting ashrae.org/join.
For more information and to stay up-to-date on ASHRAE, visit ashrae.org and connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.