GE Appliances (GEA), a Haier Company, announces the launch of Air & Water Solutions, a new microenterprise dedicated to serving the unique needs of the Plumbing, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (P/HVAC) industry. Air & Water Solutions combines GEA’s innovative portfolio of products with a dedicated team of sales, training and support resources to P/HVAC customers.
“Air & Water Solutions is the culmination of years of careful planning, innovation and investment,” says Jim Skaggs, VP Sales Air & Water Solutions at GE Appliances. “We have the right people, technology and products in place, and we have never been in a stronger position to serve our customers in the plumbing and HVAC industry. With the investments we are making in manufacturing and product development, I’m confident we are on track to deliver the most robust product offering in the P/HVAC industry.”
Investing in the U.S.
Since 2018, GEA has invested $660 million in technology, new products and capacity at its U.S. manufacturing and distribution. Key investments for the Air & Water Solutions portfolio include:
$60 million: The Manufacturing Center of Excellence for production of water heaters in Camden, South Carolina.
$9.3 million: Expansion in Selmer, TN to accommodate the manufacturing of Zoneline® packaged terminal air conditioners (PTAC).
$150 million: Technology and infrastructure investments in GEA’s extensive distribution network, which includes 11 area distribution centers and 157 local delivery locations, allows Air & Water customers to mix products on a single truck, reduce on-hand inventory, minimize freight charges and ship direct to a jobsite, allowing them to serve their customers faster and more efficiently.
Innovative Award-Winning Portfolio of Products
The Air & Water Solutions portfolio is made up of over 350 products across 15 key P/HVAC categories including PTAC, VRF, ductless heating and cooling, water heaters and water filtration. From large-scale commercial applications to residential use, Air & Water’s portfolio of products feature the latest technology and industry-leading innovations. Highlights include:
- The only whole home water filtration system with leak detection and remote shut off capabilities; a 2019 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show Innovation Finalist.
- The first and only water heater with an integrated electronic mixing valve, which provides up to 60 percent more water capacity; a 2021 AHR Innovation of the Year Finalist.
- The Zoneline® Makeup Air PTAC, which can save up to 50 percent in makeup air energy when combined with the Zoneline Energy Management System.
- The Haier MRV-5 series with industry-first wire free technology that allows indoor units to communicate without the need for hard wiring, saving money on installation costs and allowing constant communication within the system to deliver optimal efficiency.
Industry’s Only End-to-End Smart Solution
SmartHQ: GEA, the number one smart appliance and service company, has introduced the industry’s only end-to-end smart solution. SmartHQ brings all the company’s smart technology together into one platform that makes us easier to business with, manage, use, or even service our products. Highlights for our customers include:
- SmartHQ Management: Owners or property managers to manage their entire fleet of Air & Water products and even appliances at once. This central command center allows them to monitor operation, identify issues, manage energy efficiency, and more.
- SmartHQ Service: Our proprietary diagnostic tool that communicates directly with our products for faster diagnostics and more accurate repairs.
Dedicated Sales, Training and Support
GEA’s most significant commitment and investment has been in a forming a dedicated team focused on the service technicians, distributors and contractors in the P/HVAC industry. Over 50 new positions have been created to support sales, service, and training efforts for Air & Water. The company has also continued to expand training resources with 5 facilities across the country.
Go to https://vimeo.com/482793243/adee9e64bc to watch an interview about Air & Water Solutions with Jim Skaggs.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances, a Haier company, creates “good things, for life” through our passion for great appliances and the happiness they can bring to every household. GE Appliances has more than 13,000 U.S. employees and builds appliances in nine U.S. plants in Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. Since 2018, the company has invested more than $660 million in new products, U.S. manufacturing and its expanded smart distribution network, creating more than 1,500 new jobs. With the Monogram®, CAFÉ™, GE Profile™, GE®, Haier and Hotpoint brands, people have more choices for making their kitchens and homes amazing each day. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners and water filtration systems.
For more information, visit www.geappliances.com/our-company.