Commercial Equipment, Controls, IAQ
New Johnson Controls Metasys CCM09090 Controller Provides Rapid Response Rates for Optimal IAQ and Occupant Safety in Critical Environments
- Rapid response to changing conditions is crucial in airborne pathogen control and maintaining indoor air quality (IAQ) in healthcare and laboratory settings
- The CCM09090 enables users to control room pressure, temperature, humidity and air handlers with proportional–integral–derivative (PID) processing times 3.75 times faster than standard applications and analog input refresh rates that are 10 times faster than standard applications
- Three mounting options are available to meet customers’ specific needs including stand-alone, panel-mounted or Venturi valve-mounted
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI), the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings today announced the release of the Metasys CCM09090 Critical Environment Controller. The CCM09090 is a room-level controller that provides precise control of temperature, humidity and air handlers for spaces like complex labs with multiple fume hoods and healthcare facilities.
“The ability to monitor and maintain key environmental parameters at an accelerated rate is paramount to occupant safety and efficiency in critical environment spaces – places like intensive care unit rooms with vulnerable patients,” said Amrita Khemchandani, vice president, Building Automation Systems for Johnson Controls.
The CCM09090 continuously evaluates and responds to changing airflow and room conditions allowing facility managers and safety officers to consistently meet required critical environment standards set by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE), and the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP). Facility managers can also achieve energy savings with unoccupied space setbacks by reducing air changes and optimizing room temperature.
The CCM09090 is BACnet® Testing Laboratories (BTL) listed and certified as a BACnet® Advanced Application Controller (B-AAC).
The CCM09090 is available as a stand-alone controller, panel-mounted, or factory-mounted on a Venturi valve to provide convenience and meet varying facility needs.
Faster PID Loops and Analog Refresh Rates Ensure Continuous Control
The CCM09090’s faster mechanical response rates enable the controller to respond quickly to changes in pressure caused from doors opening in busy hospitals or fume hood sash movement in laboratories. The controller also provides 18 communication points to equip input/output flexibility.
Commission Large Projects Faster with Pre-Engineered CCT Applications and .caf Files
The CCM09090 includes pre-engineered Controller Configuration Tool (CCT) applications for pressure and volumetric offset with pressure override to minimize engineering time and ensure standardization. Within the CCT applications, the controller contains pre-engineered .caf files to help users save time on programming. The .caf files are easily cloned so that they can be pushed out to all devices, making commissioning large projects faster and easier. In addition, an expansion module is also available for use with secondary parameters ideal for large spaces.
CE360 Room Display Compatibility
The CE360 is a wall-mounted display for room parameters controlled by the CCM09090 and provides users with continuous room status awareness.
Featuring the 360˚ Safety Halo, when set parameters go out of range, the CE360’s screen color and action icon will change to reflect the new state – yellow for warning and red for alarm. Blue represents neutral.
Additional features and benefits of utilizing the CE360 include:
- High-definition capacitive touch screen display
- Intuitive user interface that mimics a mobile device
- Patented 360˚ Safety Halo illuminated edge helps staff monitor spaces down long corridors
- Display 10 points or divide points across two rooms from the CCM09090 or other Metasys-controlled parameters through data sharing
- One CCM09090 can support up to five CE360 displays
Comprehensive Application Capabilities
The CCM09090 is ideal for a number of applications, including:
- Operating suites and emergency rooms
- Isolation rooms
- Correctional facilities
- Compounding pharmacies
- Indoor agriculture facilities
- Biocontainment facilities
- Pharmaceutical research
- Crime labs
- Mortuaries and medical examination centers