Trane Unveils Building and Community Investments in Tyler to Deliver Environmental, Social and Business Benefits
Trane®, a leading global provider of indoor comfort solutions and services and a brand of Ingersoll Rand, today held a celebration of its business, social and environmental sustainability. Mayor Martin Heines and other community dignitaries joined Trane business leaders, customers and employees to:
- Celebrate the high-performance, energy efficient Trane and American Standard HVAC products manufactured in Tyler
- Cut the ribbon on a $5.3-million renovation to the facility to modernize its offices and showroom, and create a space for its new dealer diagnostics center
- Present three grants from its charitable foundation to further children’s education, workforce development, and economic mobility in Tyler
Trane unveiled its efficient renovated space and new Nexia® dealer diagnostics center, which enables HVAC dealers and contractors to remotely monitor and diagnose HVAC performance and efficiency. The investment creates a healthy, comfortable, and aesthetic workspace, and makes the site a destination for customers.
“This is a celebration of our commitment to customers, employees, and our community,” said Ted Crabtree, integrated supply chain leader for Trane Residential HVAC and Supply. “As a major employer in the area, we are excited to make these investments in our facility. They help to make this a great place to work, and create a showplace for customers and partners. In addition, with our grant giving, in-kind donations, and volunteer outreach, we strive to help the people in our community live and thrive.”
Trane leaders presented $15,000 in grants to:
- Discovery Science Center, to sponsor 40 campers grades K-6, and waive fees for lower-income children
- Chapel Hill Career Center and Technical Education’s brazing program, to complete a brazing room for up to 120 students; Trane also donated equipment for the training room and are installing to mirror Trane methods
- Whitehouse Independent School District Education Foundation, to support STEM education in title 1 schools. Whitehouse ISD has a high concentration of economically disadvantaged students
The donations are part of the company’s commitment to strengthen economic mobility and bolster the quality of life in the communities where it operates and serves.
“We’re grateful for this grant, which supports our Maker Space and Robotics camps and helps us further our mission,” said Chris Rasure, executive director from Discovery Science Place. “We have been partnering with Trane for many years through volunteering, funding and board involvement to champion STEM education here in our East Texas community. This is one more example of how the company helps kids build passion for learning and knowledge of technology and science.”
The Tyler building investments and donations are in line with the company’s 2030 Sustainability Commitments, which it announced last month upon accepting the World Environment Center’s 35th Annual Gold Medal for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development. The company designed these commitments to:
- Meet the challenge of climate change including reducing customer carbon footprint from buildings, homes and transportation by one gigaton1 CO2e– equivalent to the annual emissions of Italy, France and the United Kingdom combined.
- Transform its supply chain and operations to have a restorative impact on the environment including achieving carbon neutral operations and giving back more water than we use in water-stressed areas.
- Increase opportunity for all, strengthening economic mobility and bolstering the quality of life of our people including gender parity in leadership roles, a workforce reflective of our community populations, maintaining livable market-competitive wages and broadening community access to cooling comfort, housing and food.
To learn more, visit www.IngersollRand.com/2030.
Trane is a brand of Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR), which advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Trane solutions provide comfortable indoor environments through a broad portfolio of reliable, energy efficient heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, parts and supply. For more information, visit www.trane.com.