- Concepts and measurements of pressure as well as the related gas laws
- Temperature/pressure relationship as it relates to the refrigeration cycle
- Study of thermodynamics and heat transfer
- The refrigerant cycle, refrigerant states, and temperature/pressure relationships
- Refrigerant composition, properties, and refrigerant applications
- Common oils used with refrigerants, their applications and uses, and safe handling
- The process of retrofitting a system to use an alternative refrigerant and oil as well as system cleanup
- The function and applications of evaporators, condensers, compressors, and metering devices
- Typical operating conditions for system components under normal conditions
- Proper installation and maintenance of the refrigerant circuit components
The Quick Guide, available in both English and Spanish, is a great resource to use in conjunction with the EPA Section 608 Preparatory Manual. Collectively these manuals provide the foundation that students and entry level technicians need to understand various refrigerants, the refrigeration cycle, and EPA regulations required for working with refrigerants.
Learn more and order you copy today by visiting www.escogroup.org
and clicking the store link. Registered proctors can login
and view a digital copy of the entire book in the proctor resource center.